Thursday, October 29, 2009

I eat that all the time

Janet: What's "mero?" It's on the lunch menu for Thursday.
Me: Hmm, I dunno.
Melissa: Marrow? It's like, the inside of a bone. Like the juice...bone marrow.
Janet: Ohhh, okay...so guys, they're serving bone marrow on Thursday, if you wanna stay for lunch.
Liam: Yeah, all right, sounds good.
Janet: Have you had bone marrow, Ricardo?
Ricardo: Oh, yeah, bone marrow, it's really good. They make it in Mexico.
Me: Wait, but is it like, a soup? Or liquid-y? How do you eat it?
Melissa: [stares at me for 10 seconds] Oh, wait, what was the word you asked? How do you spell it?
Janet: Mero, m-e-r-o.
Melissa: Oh, it's a type of fish.

[raucous laughter]

----------------------------

Melissa: So what are you gonna be for Halloween?
Ricardo: [serious tone] I dunno man. I guess I could be a ghost and use some bedsheets. Although, on second thought I don't think my landlord would be too happy with me cutting them up.
Carrie: Wait, what?
Ricardo: You know, holes for the eyes.
Carrie: Bwahaha, you can't just go around wearing a sheet in school.
Mabel: Bwaha, yeah, as if he was really actually considering it.

No comments: